Our goal at Mitchell Olson DDS is to help you to minimize the risk of emergency treatment. This is why we commit a generous amount of time designing a lifetime treatment plan that will help you to offset the possibility of unforeseen pain or tooth breakage.
Dental emergencies are quite frightening and often painful. Prompt treatment is usually required to alleviate pain and to ensure the teeth have the best possible chance of survival. At Mitchell Olson DDS, we pride ourselves on giving our patients the most personalized, professional, and gentle dental care, and sometimes that means addressing your dental needs on an emergency or same-day basis.
Do you have a tooth ache? Did you break a tooth or loose a filling? Is your cheek swollen or do you feel pressure or sensitivity? Do you have a bump on your gum line? These may be some of the issues you are experiencing; if so, we are here to help! Please give our office a call right away so that we can address your needs, relieve your pain, and make you comfortable once again.
How to Reduce the Risk of a Dental Emergency
- Brushing and flossing every day, eating a healthy diet low in sugar and avoiding acidic beverages, as well as staying currant on professional cleanings and exams will go a long way in helping you avoid the need for emergency dental services.
- Quit smoking and stay far away from surgery drinks such as pop and energy drinks. Drink milk and water—they are much better for you.
- If Dr. Mitchell Olson or another dental professional recommends dental treatment, do it sooner than later. By delaying your treatment, the decay can worsen and lead to more extensive issues down the road, including systemic problems in other parts of your body if not addressed in a timely manner. Your dental issues will not “just go away.”
- If you are a patient that is prone to cavities and decay, ask your hygienist for fluoride treatments during your routine dental checkup and cleaning visits. They are not just for kids!
- If you are an athlete, please remember to wear your mouth guard. If you need one, we can make it for you.
- Never open anything with your teeth—use scissors!
- Avoid chewing on Ice or hard candy—they both can crack a tooth!
A few of our emergency services include:
- Tooth Extractions
- Root Canals
- Dentures Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Endodontic Retreatment
For further information about dental emergency care in Bloomington, Minnesota, and to schedule an appointment with our dentist, call 952-884-1308 today.