If you are looking to upgrade and enhance your smile, sugarless gum may be an option you want to consider. Although the ingredients in sugarless gum have little effect on your smile, it is possible that chewing gum will increase saliva production in your mouth, which is a known cavity-fighter.
Upgrade and enhance your smile with chewing gum after meals. Here are some of the benefits:
– You can help treat or prevent other conditions as well with heavy saliva flow, including heartburn.
– Sugarless gum can be effective, but do not forsake normal cleaning habits such as brushing and flossing daily.
– Sugarless gum can prevent cavities by fighting the causes of cavities, including harmful acids, and plaque buildup.
– Some gum brands have even been given the illustrious ADA Seal of Acceptance for safety and effectiveness.
– Do not use sugarless gum if you have or experience any jaw pain or discomfort. This includes temporomandibular joint disorders that may hinder your jaw’s movement and effectiveness.
– Chewing sugarless gum is one of the best methods for increasing saliva flow.
To schedule an oral exam at Mitchell Olson DDS, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Bloomington, Minnesota, with Dr. Mitchell Olson and the rest of our team. We can be reached at 952-884-1308. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!